Friday, May 10, 2013

Latest EEG

Sydnee had her visit with the Neuro team at Children's a couple weeks ago. During the visit I had her on my lap and the Dr.'s commented on her doing some movements (arching her back repeatedly) that made them want to schedule her an EEG to make sure they weren't suppressed spasms. I know, and they told me, that  they were siding on the side of caution in scheduling the EEG. We all felt we weren't seeing spasms, (no eye deviation was happening with these movements), but the Dr.'s felt it would be best to check out.

I did mentioned I'd seen her doing these arching moments to our PCP (primary care physician) about a month ago. I told them that she only did them when she was in her highchair, car seat  or on my lap...when she wanted out or was getting restless. That if it were Sam or any other child showing these movements I wouldn't think anything of it, but with Sydnee...I will always second guess.

She had her EEG about a week ago. I am still waiting for the results, but no news is usually good news. I know they would have called me right away if they would have seen hypsarrhythmia or more seizures. I am waiting on our next move, which is to wean her off one of her anti-seizure medications (Zonisamide). Leaving her to be on only one anti-seizure medication (Keppra). Down from 6 meds to 1.

Sydnee continues to develop as she should be. She started crawling this week and is starting to try and pull herself up. We are working towards more goals (walking furniture) in her group therapy class. She continues to amaze us.

Its been a great spring. Although Tyler has had to commute back and forth to Anacortes while the boat is dry docked, he has been home. We have about three weeks until he leaves again for Alaska. We plan to make them count. Next week we celebrate Sam's 3rd birthday. Three. Can't get over that he's turning three.

Pics from the past few months ...

Lots of helpers at bath time (Sam, cousin Carter, and Mia).
While mom's away...


No comments:

Post a Comment